What should I do if I recently discovered my employer is committing insurance fraud by using 2 CPT codes instead of 1 to maximize payment to the practice?

Asked on September 29, 2014 under Insurance Law, New York


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

I think that this is a hard "legal" question to give you guidance on because I think that you know that morally you need to do something.  ANd understand that you will probably be fired.  Please go and speak with an attorney about the whistle blowing laws in New York and if they protect you and your situation and if you would have a cause of action should you be fired.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.