What to do about an underage alcohol possession ticket and a noise violation?

I received an underage alcohol possession ticket and a noise violation in the same night while I was throwing a party at my house. For the underage possession ticket there was no breathalyzer used. Also, my roomate got a noise violation at the exact same time so I figured they couldn’t give 2 out for the same situation. Additionally, my 2 tickets which were issued at the same time but have different times by hours stated on the tickets. I’m not sure if these will hold up in court.

Asked on September 17, 2012 under Criminal Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney as to the tickets that you have been issued to see what the best way there is to try and resolve the matter that you have written about. Potentially you may lose your driver's license assuming you have one if you are convicted of the underage alcohol citation. Should you not have legal counsel (criminal defense attorney) most likely you will end up being convicted of the charges pending against you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.