If I received short notice to appear in probate court proceedings while out of the country but am unable to attend, what can I do?

Asked on September 28, 2015 under Estate Planning, Nevada


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You may be able to make a telephone appearance instead of being physically present in the courtroom.
Contact the court clerk to inquire if a telephone appearance is permitted by the judge and also what documents you need to file requesting a telephone appearance and the filing deadline for  those documents prior to the hearing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.