If I received an MIP ticket and the state code section number is wrong, can the ticket be dropped?

Asked on March 5, 2013 under Criminal Law, Montana


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Hello.  In order to respond, of course, I would need to know the full details of your situation, and review the matter for myself prior to providing legal advice specific to your stated question.  In general, clerical errors may be corrected, or overlooked.  'Summons' and 'Complaints' may be amended and re-served.  If you are facing a legal charge of Minor (Underage) Consumption, it is, from my perspective, critical that you have private attorney help and counsel immediately, because the issue facing you is very serious in nature. I recommend that you (or your parent, or parents, on your behalf) telephone several attorneys to choose an attorney, because it is important that you feel very comfortable with the representation and assistance. I recommend you choose a somewhat older and more experienced attorney, and one with experience with youth (juveniles, teens).  All the best.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.