If I received a letter of trespass notification from a police officer and it expired 5 years ago, do I need to include it in N 400 application?

Asked on June 29, 2012 under Immigration Law, Maryland


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

if you were arrested as part of that proceeding, you will need to document it in your application because anytime you are arrested, you are fingerprinted and when you submit an application for immigration benefits you are also fingerprinted and any prior fingerprintings show up.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.