I received a disordlery conduct citation in Wisconsin. Does this show up on my criminal record.

I paid the citation and there was no court date. I’ve been convicted of a reckless conduct misdemeanor in Illinois prior to this.

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Criminal Law


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Disorderly persons charges and misdemeanors, in most states, technically are not "crimes," although the word is sometimes loosely used for any offense in the (of course) criminal court system.  And you may not need to answer "yes" if asked whether you have been convicted of a crime. But this is a technical question, and the answer can differ from one state to another.

For advice you can rely on, you need to talk to lawyer who practice in those states, about the convictions in each case. One place to find attorneys is our website, http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.