What to do if I paid $3,200 to get my transmisson fixed and the mechanic tried 3 times to figure out the problem but he is not able to fix it?

I have ask for part of my money back or I also ask him to get me another transmission he refuses both saying I have a warranty with him. Well to me the warranty is not worth nothing unless he can fix my car. Is there some type of reasonable expectation of how many times he can just work on my car with no results and me not have any legal avenue to persue?

Asked on January 22, 2013 under Business Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest you make one last attempt to reolve your dispute with the mechanic as to the transmission repair where there is a warranty as to it face to face with the shop's owner. If he or she refuses to satisfy your demands, then follow up with a letter confirming what was stated. Keep a copy of the letter and contact your state's bureau of automotive repairs and make a complaint against the shop owner.

Such entity is entrusted in investigating consumer complaints such as yours and enforcing given warranties by auto mechanics.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.