If I own a piece of land that has a mobile home on it which is owned by someone else, how would I go about evicting them?

And have them remove the trailer from my land?

Asked on July 22, 2012 under Real Estate Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If these individuals are trespassing on your property, you can contact the police to ensure the vehicle is towed and the people escorted off the property.  If these were your tenants at one point, then you need to go through the court eviction process to ensure you obtain the legal right to evict them from the property.  The judgment is then used to obtain the sheriff's services to serve them with eviction documents.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.