If I need to fly to Hawaii for work but my court date is during that trip, can I move that date up or postpone it?

And how do I fly without my physical drivers license?

Asked on September 23, 2012 under Criminal Law, Utah


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you do not have your driver's license in hand, you will need to have a passport to fly to Hawaii.

As to your court date for the DUI, it the court clerk will not chnage it and you still wish to go to Hawaii, you need to retain a criminal defense attorney to make an appearance for you at the upcoming court date if you cannot make it. Hiring a criminal defense attorney in general is suggested for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.