If I need to change the executor of the living Tust of my wife and myself, what steps do I need to take to do this?

The present executor is my daughter who has filed for bankruptcy and is unable to carry out this responsibility.

Asked on August 17, 2012 under Estate Planning, Illinois


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You should consult with an attorney in your area to amend the living trust.  They are generally much easier to amend becuase they require less formality that a Will (Will executiion is often dictated by statutes from back in the days, so to speak).  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.