If I filed an I-160 for my husband he was deported 15 years ago and it was approved just a few days ago, how much longer does it take to get it?

It was approved after 4 years.

Asked on September 7, 2013 under Immigration Law, Massachusetts


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Hello. Your post is unclear - perhaps you made a typographical error. Do contact a private attorney who will be happy to help you. Immigration and Visa law is federal law, so any knowledgeable licensed attorney may assist you. You may phone my law firm on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weekdays. This website provides general information and general principles of law and does not provide private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily




SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

What do you mean by I-160?  There is a DS 160 which is a nonimmigrant visa application.  Do you mean I-601 which is a waiver of inadmissibility?  If that is what you are talking about and that was approved for your husband waiving the bar to reentry ,he should be eligible for an immigrant visa but without additional information as to why he was deported and specifically what you filed subsequent to that and what has been approved, it is not possible to answer your question.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.