If I missed a hearing to remove me as Personal Representative but I filed for a continuance 3 days before this hearing, can I stop this order by appealing it?

Asked on August 23, 2013 under Estate Planning, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The best way to try and resolve the matter that you have written about is to retain a Wills and trust attorney to file a motion to set aside the presumed adverse decision against you as soon as possible seeking as the basis for the request, mistake and inadvertence. That would be the best route to take.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.