If I married my wife, who is on DACA, 6 months ago and her temporary work visa expires in 6 months, is there any way I can get her green card without her leaving the country?

I am a marine.

Asked on April 14, 2015 under Immigration Law, California


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Hello.  Yes, you can process a Parole in Place as the spouse of a US military member. If this approved, she will then have the right to process her green card in the US.  I would be happy to help discuss this option.

Ling Dai / The Dai Law Firm, PLLC

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor


You can file a provisional waiver in the United States before she goes to an embassy or consulate for her interview. DACA approval does not give her legal status to adjust to permanent residence within the United States.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.