If I want to drive people from my community one-way to the airport for hire on a temporary part-time basis, can I legally do this?

My vehicle is insured and I have a clean driving record.

Asked on February 14, 2015 under Business Law, Minnesota


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

In order to have a business driving people to the airport, you need to have special commercial insurance on the vehicle, not merely regular insurance for private use of a vehicle.  If your car is being used as a tool of your business and you get into an accident, regular private insurance will not cover you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.