If I’m a subcontractor working for a builder and have sent them a final bill for completed work with a 30 day pay period which they are past, what can I do to get paid in full?

They are still trying to negotiate the price of the bill.

Asked on February 4, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Minnesota


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the builder for breach of contract / account stated.
Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit for breach of contract / account stated) would be the amount you  are owed. You may also be able to recover late charges.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.