What do you need to be able to apply for green card under EB2 category?

I’m a master of energy engineering graduate from US and I have a job offer.I do have several certification related to my field and I received few awards during my studying. Also, I served an organization as student congress member and few more volunteer position at school.

Asked on April 24, 2013 under Immigration Law, Illinois


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You may qualify for a National Interest Waiver (NIW). This process does not require a job offer, but will depend on your "exceptional ability in the sciences". I would need to do an initial evaluation with more details. You can email me your CV for a free evaluation. In addition, your company can sponsor you through a Labor Certification process. This can take about 2 years. The NIW can be done in one year.  [email protected]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.