What to do if I recently learned that when my friends and I were drinking, I was passed out in my bed and my “friends” took my clothes off?

I had friends over at my house when my parents were out of town. We were drinking. I was ready to pass out so, my guy friends asked me to take some more shots. I passed out in my bed. According to the rumor, they stripped me off my clothes, took pictures and touched me. When I confronted them, they told me I took off my clothes and they took a picture and only one person saw. But I’m hearing the exact opposite. I heard about it this week; it happened a few months ago. Would I get in trouble? Can I make a case? Who should I go to? I have no one to tell. I’m 16. I don’t have much evidence.

Asked on December 2, 2011 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you were in a situation where you believe that you may have been sexually assaulted but cannot remember what happened, I suggest that you consult with a health care practioner first over what happened and have a medical examination. What is discussed between you two would be privileged under the doctor patient privilege.

You might also wish to consult with a guidance counselor at school and your parents as well for direction in getting the situation you are in resolved to an extent. Furthermore, you and your parents may wish to consult with a personal injury attorney on the best way to try and get the situation you are in sorted out.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.