What can I expect if I’m 15-years old and am being charged with disorderly conduct?

My friend and I ended up getting frustrated at each other at the public library and we hit each other a few times. Then the police arrived and charged us both; it was caught on film. I was wondering because we both apologized to each other and we realized that our actions were immature, will the judge not charge us? And if he does what will the punishment be?

Asked on November 28, 2011 under Criminal Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Both you and your friend have been charged as juveniles with a criminal act in public which is a serious charge. I recommend that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in getting the matter resolved. Chances are that the result will be much better for you with the representation of legal counsel than without.

As to the ultimate penalty, most likely if you plead guilty to the charge the court will fine you and place you on court supervised probation for at least 6 months. If you have no further crimnal matters in this time, the charge will probably be dismissed after your successful probation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.