I live in Ramsey Cty Minnesota. I got a minor consumption last night blowing a .54 but they didn’t write my BAC on my citation. Is that legal?

The cops assaulted one kid and pushed him, another kid got a picture, so the cop broke his phone. My citation also says I’m male, which I’m not.

Asked on May 27, 2009 under Criminal Law, Minnesota


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I doubt that leaving the BAC off your citation is important, although I'm not a Minnesota attorney.  The fact that they got your gender wrong might make a difference, though.  You need to speak to a lawyer about this, and go through all of the facts of your case, since it's obvious that there's a lot more to the story.  One place to look for a qualified attorney is our website, http://attorneypages.com

I'm sure your BAC was .054, since .54 is probably fatal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.