What to do if I have payday land above the state maximum of $350?

Am I required to pay everything back? None of the companies are licensed in my state. I already changed my checking account information and now I am receiving emails and calls about me defaulting? I don’t know what to do.

Asked on November 16, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Minnesota


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

yes you still owe the debt and can be pursued for it.  if you have enough debt you may need a bankruptcy to get a fresh start

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.