Can my ex use all of her uninterrupted parenting time all at once?

That would be 2 weeks without me seeing my kids and she is not going out of town.

Asked on August 31, 2012 under Family Law, Michigan


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If this is allowed per the divorce custody and visitation decree, then yes she can as long as it is allowable and assuming it is embedded in the decree, as allowed by you.  If you feel the decree is not specific or limiting enough, you should consider seeking an amended order. File a motion in court and use this latest two week visit as the reason you wish to amend the order.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.