I live in Indiana and My Divorce was final a

I live in Indiana and My Divorce was
final a month ago and My Ex-Husband
still has not complied with The Judge’s
Order to give me The Car, Several of My
Things,, and a total of 3,100. I don’t
have much money or a vehicle right
now.What can I do legally?

Asked on March 12, 2018 under Family Law, Indiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

Your only recourse is to pursue contempt of court against your ex.  You will need to file with the court an Order to Show Cause in order to have a hearing on your contempt of court claim.  Call the court clerk and have the clerk schedule the hearing.  List the date, time and department of the hearing in your Order to Show Cause.
When filing your Order to Show Cause with the court, also file a declaration signed under penalty of perjury stating the facts in support of your contempt of court claim.  Also, file any additional documents or other items if applicable, that will provide supporting evidence of your contempt of court claim.  File all these documents with the court and a proof of service (court form).
After filing your documents with the court, mail a copy of those items with a proof of service to your ex so that your ex will have notice of the hearing.  The proof of service verifies the date of mailing your court-filed documents.
Prior to filing your documents with the court, ask the court clerk if there are any other required documents that need to be filed for a contempt of court claim because the required documents may vary from state to state.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.