I live in a mobile home park i pay my rent to the park and also to the bank account of the lady who was purchasing her mobile home. although we ar

not on legal documents for bank whos responsible to pay the taxes and insurance

Asked on May 15, 2009 under Real Estate Law, California


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

As i understand the question, you are a tenant, not an owner.  Generally, the landlord is responsible for paying the taxs on the property and maintaining the homeowners insurance.  As the tenant, you pay rent and should have renter's insurance in case something is stolen from the trailer or damaged.  I would however, have to see your lease that you have to give you a definitive answer.  You need to se what the lease says abot taxes and insurance.  if no such lease exists, then I would say you do not have to pay the taxes or the insurance. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.