If I live in a mobile home park and the road is full of holes that the landlord will not repair, is there any law about this?

How can we get the road repaired?

Asked on February 27, 2012 under Real Estate Law, South Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Start by looking at your agreement to rent.  It should discuss the obligations and responsibilities of each of the parties, including who is to maintain what.  I am hoping that it states in there that the landlord is responsible to "maintain" the property including the roads.  If the property is wholly owned by him and these are interior roads then they are covered and you would start a proceeding against him based upon the agreement.  If they are city or county roads then that is a different story. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.