i leasded a building that had mold in basement i got bladder cancer and prblems with allergies i never had prior do i pursue this? and how?

Asked on June 26, 2009 under Personal Injury, Wisconsin


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You would have to prove that your health issues are related to the mold in the basement of the building, and that is very difficult to do.  You didn't say whether you live or work in the building.  An attorney would have to conduct an investigation into the mold issue and get expert medical testimony regarding your illnesses to determine whether or not they are related to the presence of mold.  Contact a personal injury attorney in your area either by going to attorneypages.com or by calling your local bar association.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.