i just filed chapter 7 and I reaffirmed my house and cars. do i need to get a form from them they would not send it to me because i am 2 mo. pastdue

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, California


Charles A. Shaffer / Pugliese, Finnegan and Shaffer

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

No. But if you do not pay them, the court will allow them to foreclose and take the house or car.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.