If I hit an unlicensed drivers car, will my insurance pay for damagesif the other driver was unlicensed?

Asked on September 15, 2010 under Accident Law, Arkansas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The fact that the other driver was unlicensed should not have any effect on your liability.  You will still be liable for the accident.  Your insurance carrier should pay for the property damage to the other vehicle.  Property damage is usually resolved early in the case.  If the other driver was injured, the personal injury claim will await the conclusion of medical treatment and the receipt of medical bills, medical reports, and any wage loss by your insurance carrier from the other driver.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.