What to do if I have visitation rights with my children I’m suppose to see them every other weekend but my ex wife is not letting me?

She has brainwashed both if my children who are 11 and 7. She doesn’t make them come to my home. She has blocked my phone number from calling my kids so I have had no contact with them what can I do? And what age can a child decide if she wants to visit me or not?

Asked on January 19, 2013 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Given what you have written about it seems that you may need to consult with a family law attorney to assist you in filing a petition with the court to order your "ex" to force compliance with an existing visitation order.

Ordinarily a minor when he or she reached the age of 13 can make a decision as to whether or not they want to see a partiular parent and if there is good reasoning behind it, the court will abide by the child's desire.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.