If I have to send my spouse a copy of the proposed equitable distribution for child support, alimony and other refief, does he also get a copy of the Family Part case statement?

Asked on September 15, 2012 under Family Law, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Under the codes of civil procedure in all states in this country, the parties in the litigation (family law dispute in your matter) are mandated to serve upon the other side before the hearing of a given issued of the case copies of all documents that the one party is filing with the court.

If the "family part case statement" is being filed with the court clerk's office by you, your spouse is required to have a copy of it sent to her.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.