If I have requested replacement I-94 card before I file I-130/I485 and for work-permit, how and Where I can send this I-94 for my supporting documents?

I could not send a copy of I-94 then. I just received I-94 yesterday on my mail.

Asked on September 12, 2013 under Immigration Law, New York


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Hello. I urge you to wait on submitting applications and evidence in myriad form.  You face the risk of error, human error, loss of documents, multiple cases, etc.  I suggest you would be wise to have attorney assistance in helping you seek your goals.  Please do contact a private attorney who will be happy to help you. Immigration and Visa law is federal law, so any knowledgeable licensed attorney may assist you. You may phone my law firm on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weekdays. This website provides general information and general principles of law and does not provide private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily





SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You should probably wait until you get a request for evidence in connection with the I-130/I-485 asking you for the I-94 and you can submit it at that time.  I would strongly suggest NOT sending it prior to that and certainly NOT send the original I-94 as it is likely to get lost or not connected with the right case file.  when you are asked to submit it, submit ONLY the copy of the I-94.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.