If I havepaid yearly property taxes for a mobile home on my property for the last6 years, do I have any right it?

The promissory note states that I would make monthly payments with a zero percent interest rate until the full amount was paid for goods received. Goods received was the mobile home. I paid for the transporting of the mobile home to my property and have paid the yearly property tax for the last 6 years. Now they want to come and get the mobile home. What rights do I have?

Asked on September 20, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Oklahoma


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You have the rights given you under the law as long as you fulfilled the obligations as listed in the promissory note.  And unfortunately you did not give any information as to the payments you made on the note.  Transporting the home and paying the taxes on the land on which you have the home situated has nothing at all to do with your obligations under the note.  If you have not paid any payments in 6 years then they have a right to repossess the home.  Please go and seek help from an attorney in the area who can read the note on your behalf.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.