i have inform my tenant 30 day ago to move out, but his still here.. he stated that he wii try to move out and he will move out if he can find a place

my tenant was homeless before and get money from State, I only take $50 for a month from him in return he will do repair work for the house. but we have missing things since he move in and we find out he has criminal history before. how can we have him move out ASAP? Thankyou John From seattle Whashington

Asked on June 30, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Washington


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I'm not a Washington attorney, and the landlord-tenant laws and procedure differ somewhat from one state to another, so I can't give you detailed advice.  However, in most states, a landlord has to follow a fairly tightly limited path, to successfully evict a tenant, and if you get one thing wrong, you have to go back and start over.  So it's almost always a good idea to start out with a lawyer, and try to get it done right the first time.  Exactly what procedure you will have to follow in a somewhat unusual case like this will depend on the details.  One place to find an attorney who can help you get this person out is our website, http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.