I have been summoned for court.

I have to show a response and prove that I transfered the title of the car I sold; however, I do not know which is the proper form (number) to get for response. I must show up in court beforehand to do so.

Asked on June 26, 2009 under Accident Law, California


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Here is the California Courts Self-Help Center for court forms and instructions:  http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/forms/. You may be able to find the form you need here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.