What to do if I have been ordered to pay child support through child support enforcement and since the order the mother has vanished with my kids?

Since the judgment pass for her to get child support, the mother of my child has vanished with my kids. The last time that I saw my kids my daughter (5 at the time) mentioned that her mother was hitting her she had bruising on her legs. I want full custody of my kids but how can i show she is an unfit mother also? We were never married.

Asked on August 15, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

So long as there is an order in place with respect to payment of child support, you are expected to abide by its terms until modified. Given the situation that you have written about, since you do not seemingly know where to pay the monthly child support, I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney about your matter for guidance with a possible motion to modify the current order with a request for full custody of your children.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.