i have been misdiagnosed and not given proper treatment

For 3 years i have severe hip pain. The same dr sent
me to physical therapy twice. I finally found out i
have necrosis in my hip which has left me in such
severe pain i cannot function properly. I still do not
have a surgery scheduled for hip replacement and my
health care providers are refusing to give me
effective pain medication. I am currently unable to
walk normally. I meed help i am suffering

Asked on June 13, 2016 under Malpractice Law, Connecticut


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Medical malpractice is negligence.  Negligence is the failure to exercise due care (that degree of care that a reasonable medical practitioner in the community would have exercised under the same or similar circumstances to prevent foreseeable harm).
How long has it been since the doctor misdiagnosed your condition?
In CT, there is a two year statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit in a medical malpractice case.  It is 2 years from the date of the negligent act or 2 years of the date the injury was discovered or 2 years within the date the injury should have been discovered.  In no event can a claim be brought more than 3 years after the date of the negligent act.
If you have not missed the statute of limitations, your lawsuit for negligence should be filed against the doctor, immediately.  If you have missed the statute of limitations, you have lost your rights forever in the matter.
If you have NOT missed the statute of limitations, obtain your medical bills, medical reports, and documentation of wage loss.  Your medical malpractice claim should include those items.
Compensation for the medical bills is straight reimbursement.  The medical reports will document the nature and extent of your condition and will be used to determine compensation for pain and suffering which is an amount in addition to the medical bills.  Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.