If I have been married for 95 days and I want to dissolve the marriege ASAP, what should I do?

Asked on September 17, 2012 under Family Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry that this has not worked out.  More information is needed here to help guide you in the right direction.  First, are both of you in agreement about the dissolving the marriage? If you are then it will be easier.  Divorce is faster than annulment and needs no proving of fault grounds.  For an annulment you need to explain specific reasons to the court for your request: fraud, misrepresentation, etc.  Please go and speak with some one in your area.   Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.