If I’ve been asked by a terminally ill person to help him revise his Will but he can only be outside of his home for very short periods, can I make the changes with him and take it to the court house to probate the changes?

Asked on July 17, 2015 under Estate Planning, Alabama


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You are very kind to help.  Please seek an attorney who will come to the home and discuss the matter and make the changes for him.  The attorney can have the Will executed at his home.  No need to drag him out.  Just make sure that he is of sound mind to do so. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.