What to do if I have been accused of assaulting an officer and have a warrant out for my arrest?

I never struck any officer and have my boyfriend as a witness. This was said to happen after resist of arrest. I have panic disorder, GAD, PTSD and qualify for SMI. How can I defend myself?

Asked on September 27, 2013 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Stan Helinski / McKinley Law Group

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You have to appear in court on the warrant before you get arrested.  AS for a defense, you need to speak with a lawyer about defending yourself--never defend yourself in a criminal forum.  There are just too, too many collateral (and direct) issues involved. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.