If I have beed denied as visa to the US due to section 212a6 c and is been asked to file a waiver, is it OK to do?

Asked on September 20, 2012 under Immigration Law, Maryland


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You need to understand what the reasons for the denial of the visa are and whether you will be able to overcome those reasons with the waiver application.  There is no guarantee that you will be granted a visa simply because you apply for a waiver.  It may be a good idea for you to consult with an immigration attorney regarding the specifics of your case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.