If I have an EAD cart (I-766), what kind of contracts could I have with this work permit?

I’ve been told by a recruiter agent that I can only apply to jobs that are on contract for an hourly rate (not the regular ones by year). Is that true?

Asked on November 19, 2014 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

On what basis do you have your EAD?  TYpically, you can get any type of employment with this type of employment document although you should confirm and clarify how you go it.  The recruiter may be telling you their own rules for your assignments that dont have anything to do with the employment authorization document.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.