If I have a warrant out for my arrest for writing a bad check under $150, is there anything I can do to keep it off my record?

I overlooked a check I wrote a while ago and now I have a warrant out for writing a bad check. What can I do to make this go away without becoming a part of my record? This is my first offense of any kind other than simple speeding ticket.

Asked on July 28, 2012 under Criminal Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The warrabt for your arrest is simply evidence that a criminal matter has been filed against you and is not a conclusive judicial determination that you did anything wrong from a criminal perspective.

In order to try and get the matter resolved without you being arrested and having to appear in court and going through a trial, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney as to the best way to try and resolve the matter that you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.