What should I do if I have a ticket for DUI an failure to stop at stop sign?

I was driving home from a barbeque and had some drinks earlier with food. One my way home, I stopped at a stop sign and then drove on, at which point a car hit me. I was in the hospital.

Asked on May 22, 2016 under Criminal Law, Georgia


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

The charge that is of the most concern is the DUI. YOu don't give much by way of details, however, no matter what they are you are facing a criminal charge here. What you need to do is to consult directly with a DUI attorney who practices in the are of where this incident occurred. A conviction on this charg e will leave you with a criminal record, loss of your license and higher insurance rates, too name a few.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.