If I have a suspended license from a DUI and have 3 years to go, is there any chance to get my license back earlier because not having it is causing a real hardship?

Asked on November 27, 2012 under Criminal Law, New Jersey


John Ducey / Law Offices of John G. Ducey,PC

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

No there are no hardship licenses in NJ.  If you move to another state with a hardship license you may qualify for one but you still cannot drive in NJ with it because your NJ privileges are suspended.


John Ducey

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.