I have a problem with an indirect superior

I work in a call center and their is a team leader who seems to have a problem to the point of being verbally antagonistic. I’ve reported it to HR but her aversion has taken morphism into areas such as changing workplace rules. ive been thinking about trying to tape her statements and hiring an attorney. This is harrassment right?

Asked on November 5, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Georgia


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

I'm afraid that unless your treatment has to do with your race, religion, gender, age (over 40), diability, nationality, etc., then there really isn't much tht you can do. Absent some form of actionable discrimination, your employer can set the conditions of your workplace much as it sees fit (unless you have an employment or union agreement to the contrary).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.