What should I do if I have a order for my arrest for probation violation?

I have never been in any trouble since put on probation and have fully paid off my restitution. My order for arrest is for absconding.

Asked on July 24, 2014 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You should retain counsel  The case and the violation would have to be reviewed to determine the best way to proceed.  In some instances, a warrant may be stayed pending a hearing with assistance of counsel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.