What to do if I have a former employee that is sueing me for discrimation, harassment and retaliation even though he was last employee let go due to no work

He was with me for 16 years. I currently have no employees. What kind of attorney should I contact to take on this frivolous claim?

Asked on January 8, 2013 under Employment Labor Law, California


Leizer Goldsmith / The Goldsmith Law Firm, LLC

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If this claim is indeed as frivolous as you portray, a competent employment discrimination attorney should be able to defeat it as you hope.  You might consider discussing with any attorneys you contact exactly how they think they would proceed, and try to get an estimate of what it will cost to defend. I suspect that can vary widely.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.