If I have a felony charge of failure to return rental property on my record which is causing me to not be able to get a job, can I get it removed?

Asked on October 16, 2014 under Criminal Law, Missouri


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

There is a big difference between a "charge" - which I assume is an arrest - and a conviction of a felony for purposes of expungement or "closure" as it is called in Missouri.  Missouri does not permit expungement or closure of convictions. You may have to see if a Pardon is available for that. Have you seen the background check?  What does it say?  You need to speak with a lawyer in your area and bring it and all the documents relating to it.  You can get a copy of what happened in court form the court. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.