How can I get theraputic or supervised visitation?

My son is very fragile mental/emotionally right now and his father hasn’t seen him in 2 years, leads a bad lifestyle and has just got the no contact order lifted.

Asked on November 7, 2012 under Family Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The way to get the type of visitation that you want based upon the question that you have written about, you need to consult with a family law attorney to assist you and file the petition for supervised visitation with the court in the county where you reside.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.