If I have a domestic violence conviction from 6 years ago, is there any way to restore my rights to possess a firearm?

Can I get the charge pardoned or can I get an appeal after 5 years?

Asked on June 22, 2014 under Criminal Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Potentially you may be able to get the conviction expunged where the conviction is  no longer a conviction. To assist you on the endeavor you should consult with a criminal defense attorney in your locality. One can be found on attorneypages.com to give you guidance on your endeavor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.