What to do about a change in plans regarding visitation?

I have a custody agreement with my ex. It says to have our daughter to her mom for Christmas break. We both had a mutual agreement that I’d send her there for 2 weeks during Thanksgiving break and that would cover Christmas. As I pay for the entire trip and have already purchased tickets for her to be there for Thanksgiving due to the mutual agreement what can I do at this point? I don’t have the money to turn around and buy tickets for Christmas as well”.

Asked on November 16, 2012 under Family Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you call and write the "ex" about the prior agreement that you have with respect to the slight modification of the visitation agreement in place from the Christmas break to the Thanksgiving break and hope that calmer heads prevail so as to allow the change in plans to take precedent over what is presumably in place via a court order.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.